Sunday, January 17, 2010

Washington DC





My scrapbooks at home are a series of chronological albums. At some point I decided it was too confusing to have multiple little albums for different trips or themes, so now every last page goes into the appropriate book by time frame. (And I've been asked this before... What do you do when your 1 vs 2 page layouts leave a gap? I conveniently fill that gap with an adorable layout of my cats. Because who really cares if those pictures are in order?)

When I have a series of layouts that go together for a trip, etc, I like to pull them together by using the same line of paper throughout. That way, as you flip through one of my albums you can tell when there is a "mini-album" inside. For these layouts, I chose the SEI Moravia line of paper. The colors were perfect for the 3 layouts I needed to complete.

Warren and I traveled to Washington DC for a friend's wedding back in October. Before the wedding, we met up with my sorority sister, Anna, and her husband to explore the city. We wandered by the Washington monument, and visited the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. Warren and I also went to the Natural History Museum before ending our day. For these layouts, the majority of the journaling ended up on the final page where I detailed the day.

Details: All papers are by SEI Moravia. Journaling blocks are by Deja Views. "WDC" and "Natural History" were written with Thickers Jewelry Box chipboard letters. "ashington" was cut using the Opposites Attract Cricut cartridge. "Air & Space" was cut using Lyrical Letters.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love all of these. I can't wait to use my Moravia stack :)