Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Europe Album

I decided to put all of my layouts into new albums.  This means a major overhaul, but I'm doing it for the following reasons:
1.  I want to switch to D-Ring albums from Post Bound
2.  I want all the albums to match when lined up on a shelf (right now I have red, green, and blue)

My inspiration:  Ali Edwards

I settled on black for all the new albums and these are the specific albums I purchased:
I bought them on sale at Joann online, but they have them at many other scrapbooking sites.  I chose these albums because they all have the matching black binders, but I can decorate each album cover according to what's inside.

Here is my first decorated album cover:


Details:  First, I custom mixed paint to match.  Then I painted the front and back cover solid green (after I finished my design I realized I could have painted just the edges... maybe next time).  I attached the papers from the base up using mod podge matte finish.   This was to avoid getting an bubbles between the layers of paper.  I just used my Xyron sticker maker to attach the letters.  Then I mod podged over the entire album to create a protective coat.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is awesome! How do you get the mod podge to not bubble? That is the only reason I dont use more of these albums.