Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer Fieldtrip


Ok, so this is an oooooold layout. July 2007. I broke a cardinal rule in scrapbooking and redid a layout. Everytime I looked at it I couldn't stand it. I didn't even take a picture of the before because... well, I never wanted to see it again. =P

I know I'm not in school anymore but I decided to call it "Summer Fieldtrip" because we were supposed to be meeting up with other CMU alumni to view the latest exhibit. So it kind of felt like a fieldtrip.

What I learned: Don't overdue matching all the colors in your photos/scraps. Pick a select few. And don't go too crazy with huge, bold patterns. Also, try editing your photos. I actually managed to edit out a person who was sitting on the bench behind my friend (who looked angry...). It was tedious but worth it!

Details: Background paper (just the edge) is Kraft paper. Kraft paper is fun because it's neutral but has texture. Swirly patterned paper is by gcd - Red Swirls. Cream/brown patterned paper is from the SEI Alpine Frost stack. "Fieldtrip" was cut using the Lyrical Letters Cricut cartridge.

No comments: